Development Director- Upper Midwest Region
Posted December, 19 Located in Chicago, Illinois Full Time
POSITION DUTIES: Primary responsibility is to initiate, direct, and monitor the entitlement and permitting process for all multi-family projects.
- Working in collaboration with the SVP, design team, and analyst, take the lead on the entitlement process and design/construction coordination as needed for the successful submission of LIHTC and/or workforce housing applications.
- Perform or direct others to perform due diligence and entitlements after the receipt of REIC approval or acceptance of a Reservation of Credits for Tax Credit Projects.
- Act as the primary point of contact after Tax Credit Awards or MRS for all jurisdictional agencies, and the development team (Development, Construction, Property Management, Asset Management and Finance) to proactively expedite and manage the permit approval and closing processes.
- Exercise primary responsibility for the development of land plans, civil site plans and building plans.
- Ensure projects receive all approvals necessary to expedite construction start and finance closings.
- Provide direct support to SVP for all multi-family projects.
- Identify within each project all development and finance commitments are clear on the final plans and specifications.
- Coordinate directly with the general contractor on all land plans, civil engineering site plans and building plans throughout the design and permit approval process.
- Team lead and project manage the process between the Development Team to value engineer all aspects of final plans and specifications.
- Attend as necessary, any jurisdictional meetings (Boards, Staff, and Consultants) for purposes of expediting approvals to allow finance closing and construction start.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Real Estate, Finance, Business, or equivalent education and work experience. At least 5 years of experience in the development of tax credit or market rate multi-family housing is preferred.
- Experience with the technical aspects of the zoning process is strongly preferred.
- Must be well versed in reading civil engineering site plans and architect drawings.
- Experience with SureTrak or similar project management software a plus but not required. MVAH Partners, LLC 2 - 3 January 2018
- Experience in the affordable housing industry a plus but not required.
- Experience in the engineering and/or architect field a plus but not required.